Why Hire Efstathios C. Efstathiou Criminal Defence Lawyers?
Members of Efstathios C. Efstathiou criminal defence lawyers enjoy busy and varied practices; collectively they have an enviable back catalogue of high-profile and complex criminal matters before the Supreme Court as well as the European Court of Human Rights. We are at the forefront of criminal defence work, constantly deploying groundbreaking legal, human rights and public interest arguments and scientific evidence on behalf of our clients. We have been a leader in this field for over 50 years and our approach to criminal defence work has meant that the law firm of Efstathios C. Efstathiou has successfully shaped some of the most celebrated criminal cases in recent history.
We offer advice and representation throughout all stages of criminal investigations and proceedings – before arrest, at the police station, before charges are brought and during court proceedings in the District Court, Assize Court and Supreme Court. We specialise in defending in all kinds of criminal cases, including:
- Fraud, bribery, corruption and money laundering allegations
- Homicide including murder, manslaughter and ‘mercy killing’
- Corporate manslaughter
- Sexual allegations, including “historic” allegations
- Restraint and confiscation
- Investigations arising from exercising your right to protest and defending political activists
- Professional regulatory complaints
- Insider dealing
- Official Secrets Act investigations
- Criminal Contempt
- Data Protection
- Defending media professionals and organisations, and publishing offences